Thursday, January 11, 2007

Intro

Hello, my name is Paul, I am Chaldean and this is my first year at Wayne State. I just graduated Brother Rice High school in May of 2006. Also, in case someone was wondering, I am not too worried about giving personal information on the internet, for a highly doubt that some weird insane person is going to try and hunt me down. That said, I hope a crazy person does not hunt me down! The things most important to me in my life are my family, Church, and school. I try to get to Church every week, and I hopefully get into medical school in the future. My career aspirations are to be some kind of surgeon, possibly an orthopedic one. I would like to do this in part because a while back I blew out my knee and have never been the same athletically, which is important to me. The main disappointment for me what that I was no longer able to play football because of my knees, which was a huge deal for me because I absolutely love football. Every Sunday I force myself to endure through another Lions game, and when I can attend their loss. Because they never win when I go. Another big part of my life is my music, which is mostly rap but I definitely have an open mind when it comes to music and will listen to about anything if I think it is good. Most of my library is from the early 90s, which, in my opinion, is the best time period for music ever. Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, 2Pac, Warren G, all the West Coast old school stuff is what I really love. I also spend way too much time on the computer, whether it be with video games, watching movies, facebook, or just plain old surfing the web, I am pretty much addicted. All in all, I am a pretty laid back and easy to get along with guy, pretty outgoing, and can get along with pretty much about anyone. Spend some time with me and I guarantee we will be friends in no time. I hope reading this wasn’t too bad for you, and thanks for the comments in advance.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry about your knee. That must have been really hard having to quit playing football. I'm glad that you're allowing that exprience to inspire you to become a doctor though.

Sami said...

That sucks about your knee. How did it happen? The Lions will have there time someday, just wait.

Herman said...

I rap too, and I definitely agree with you on the early 90s stuff. Also I want to say the Lions seem to lose even if you don't go to one of their games.

Anita said...

My roomate last year had surgery on her arm and also wanted to become an orthopedic surgeon! Surgery must be an inspiring experience. Do you every watch Dr. 90210? It's a great show even if you not interested in plastic surgery.

ABBAS said...

I feel for you, my junior year my principal wouldn't let me play or even dress for the championship game. So what football team is your favorite? Don't say the Lions lol

Ali said...

Wow, so we have got ourselves three rappers in the class. But I agree with you too the best time for rap was in the early 90s, that's when it actually meant something to rap, it wasn't all about the money, cars, and clothes like it is now, and that's why I agree with you.

Ali said...

You asked if I make beats, I started making beats over the past summer, before that one of my boys made them for me. But since I'm getting more and more into producing I'm making more beats, right I'm mostly concentrating on finishing up my boy's album and then from there I plan on working on mine.

Rameez's Club said...

From the incident to the inspiration that is good. Hope you will become Orthopedic. And then you will fix the knees. Anywayz what are your hopes regarding LIONS?

Rameez's Club said...

As you said major in Psychology rather than biology on my blog. First of all most of the students are in bio majors. Secondly i dont want calc2.

Meggie said...

DUDE, so stoked that someone else still feels the old school rap. It's more than about just rims and stupid stuff, that was when it was RAP, it had a purpose, and a message. You should spit something in class sometime, haha. Hopefully we'll get to know each other in class..

Ali said...

I actually use the Cool Edit Pro to make the beats and record a lot with it, it works great if you use the full version and not the basic.

Saputo said...

If only the Lions were to get their act together, we would have one of the best sports cities in the US. I'm sorry to hear about your knee, I know from when I broke my leg, and it was never the same, that it can be tough not doing the things you loved to do before.

Athan said...

I graduated from UofD Jesuit and i hated the fact that yall was so good at football, but its cool that you went there.

Rudy said...

Yea rap is a big part of my life too, all though I like rock and all other types of music just as equal. Yea and like eveyone else said, sucks about your knee.

Mehtab said...

Thats too bad about your knee. Orthopedics is a great medical field to get into. Good luck with that.

LaMeisha said...

I have never heard of your high school. Where are you from? And your another medicine major. Welcome to our club!! I couldn't be a surgeon. I want to be a nurse. O look facebook haskidnapped another.... It's ok, it happens to the best of us!

Tina said...

I wanted to be an orthopedic surgeon all through high school. But 12+ years of college didnt sound too fun so I'm thinking about neonatology.

Jillian said...

Reading your blog wasn't bad at all :D! I can definitely relate to HOURS wasted in fron of the screen - time just goes by so fast!

Unknown said...

Once I read Church, you're alright with me. I try to make it to church every week also and I attend Detroit World Outreach. It's kind of hard being a chrisitian in college becayse you have to respect all beliefs.

Troy said...

Hey welcome to the club. I know about your sunday sorrows with the lions. But its going to be ok im sure we will see the lions in a super bowl, when our grandkids get our age.

Jessica "Soul Star" said...

The computer is "mad addictive," isn't it? I'm addicted also! I'm glad that you go to church every sunday. That's hot! I believe that a miracle can happen for your knee, ya know what I'm saying? I think that you'll be able to play again.

LaMeisha said...

I had a knee accident once myself. I'm just glad I didn't break it! Do oyu think you will ever try to paly again or be able to?

Nancy said...

Paul, you said that the Lions never win when you go to the games--it seems we have different sports karma. The Tigers have won every game I've ever attended. I think I need season tickes. :)