Thursday, January 25, 2007

Blog 3

The question for this weeks blog was to describe your past experiences with writing. Well let me tell you, they have not been good. English in grade school had predominantly been about grammar, so as far as grammar goes I am pretty good about it when I have to. All was fine and dandy until my eight grade English class, where I very much disliked my teacher. I naturally am not very good at writing and this class required much writing. We had a final project on where I scored an impressive F on my paper, significantly lowering my grade in the class to a C. That still bothers me, because no one paper should determine ones grade so much. High school freshman through junior year was a breeze, I easily did well in those classes, despite almost never starting or finishing any reading assignment, or doing much homework. Then I took my ACT exam, which surprisingly, I scored the lowest in the punctuation department, but scored a 30 in the reading comprehension part. Weird. Senior year English was by far the worst experience ever. I had quite possibly the hardest teacher of all time. We read over 15 big, long, books. They were good, I will admit, but the tests were brutal. We were tested on quotes in the book. We had to identify them, elaborate, and explain the significance of the quote. At any given point we had over 200 vocabulary words we were responsible for. And our papers… I didn’t get higher than a C for any paper, his grading was ridiculous. He would waste an entire pen on one paper. We had a huge research paper that was due at the end of the year, which was responsible for the majority of our grade. I didn’t do it. I passed with a C. How? I have no idea. Now I am here. Hello.

5 comments:

Rameez's Club said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rameez's Club said...

I hope this class will help you to improve and eliminate all errors that you made in past.

Jessica "Soul Star" said...

I just wanted to say that your introduction really made me want to continue reading the rest of your blog. When you said, "they have not be good," I wanted to know what happened. I think you'll do well now though. This class actually pertains to things that are current, so you'll probably be motivated to do your best.

Paul said...

Haha how flattering of you to say that Jessica, if I had known that I had people who actually read this I might of put a little more effort into it. And, origionally I was going to comment on one of your blogs by chance but I can't! you have to fix your blog or something, I hope you get to read this

Tina said...

I hate grammar... Your lucky it comes easy to you!