Thursday, March 29, 2007

Blog numba eight

For our latest blog, the question that needed answering was where we got out news from. After a long, hard, look at myself and my news sources, I must say that I am a little ashamed. The places I get my news from are pretty pathetic. The two primary sources of my news are: the Yahoo! front page when I am signing into my email and my bodybuilding forum’s miscellaneous section. With the Yahoo! deal, I pass across it every time I want to check my email. Usually if I see an article I like, I will read it. I actually happen to read a lot of short, small articles that way and seem to get a lot of information that way. They usually publish all of the important articles right away and usually have one or two very interesting articles. With the forums, any thread deemed popular and that is on the front page I will check out.

The Yahoo! front page I believe is pretty credible because they only publish news stories out that are from credible sources. They just don’t put any article out there. With the forums however, I do not think that it is the most reliable of sources.

All in all, even though my personal news feed is defiantly not the most traditional and / or effective way to get my information. But it works for me and if you deem it unsatisfactory I don’t really care! Thank you and have a nice day.

4 comments:

Anita said...

Yes. I have to agree with you. I'm really lazy about where I get my news (msn.com) and pick the first source that pops up when I sign on the internet. I never even thought about where it came from eithor.

Jillian said...

Lol, I do the same thing...isn't it funny when you actually click on the stories and then the article doesn't tell you much more than the headline already did?

Jessica "Soul Star" said...

LOL! Yahoo front page? That's funny! They don't go into any vivid detailing, but it's ok though. lol And why don't you like Oprah?

Meggie said...

I tooooootally do the same thing. At work I have to constantly check my Dad's emails and so I just look on the AOL home page a lot because they have all different types of stories